Chair: Mr. Joe Schoenfeld '77
Mr. Phil Bengel '01 - Health
Mr. Tom Nugent - Health
Taken second semester of the freshmen year and first semester of the sophomore year.
- To give the student an awareness of the importance of life long involvement in physical activities.
- To help in the promotion and achievement of complete physical fitness.
- To develop a sense of fair play, team work, sportsmanship, and appreciation of God-given talents in oneself and others.
- To develop an understanding of sports skills, rules, strategies, and safety practices.
- To introduce students to various athletic events which are available to them throughout the year in team and intramural settings.
The health course meets the needs of students in a modern changing world offering a comprehensive and current treatment of areas that are uppermost in the attention of the student:
- Smoking, alcohol, and drug abuse
- World Health
- Mental health
- Medical care, with emphasis on prevention
- Consumer health protection
- Health concerns of maturing young men
- Accident prevention and first aid principles
- Family life and family care
- Study of the body systems and functions.
Students may opt to receive their Health and Physical Education credits through Elder's Summer Enrichment Program.