A permanent scholarship fund can be created at Elder through a gift to Elder High School or to The Altiora Fund. Click here to learn more about the Altiora Fund.
Creating a permanent scholarship can be done through a cash gift or as part of an estate plan naming Elder High School or The Altiora Fund as the recipient of the proceeds.
Nearly 200 individuals and families have created permanently endowed scholarships at Elder. These range in size from $10,000 to over $1 million. If you are interested in creating a scholarship here are some guidelines, and if you have questions please feel free to contact Tom Reiring, Director of Development, 513-921-3744 Ext. (3425) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Gift(s) are endowed. Awards are made from income only, not the principal
• Donor May specify either financial aid or academic awards
• The minimum gift to create the fund is $20,000
• The amount can be donated over a 3-year period. Once that threshold is met, the fund is created and named
• Income is awarded following the first complete fiscal year of earnings
• Awards are made in the name of the fund’s honoree
• (The principal of each scholarship is maintained on Elder’s books and income is distributed at 4% based on the three year rolling average of the fund) Individual fund interest and principal are maintained separately on our books by the business manager
• Elder encourages (growth in each fund) the fund to grow through future donations or estate plans, thus helping supplement increasing tuition
• Donors are invited to the annual scholarship Mass and dinner held in the spring each year
• Named scholarships are published annually within the summer “Pride” magazine ‘honor roll of donors’
• For larger scholarships ($50,000+) specific qualifications for the annual award may be added by the donor in agreement with Elder’s administration (e.g. a student from a particular parish, physical disabilities, single parent family).
If you are interested in creating a scholarship or if you have questions, please feel free to contact:
Tom Reiring, Director of Development
3900 Vincent Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45205
Phone: (513) 921-3425